At Evolve Cleaning Solutions, we strongly believe in being Green. Green Cleaning ensures the safety of our employees and clients, and it contributes to the sustainability of our business and environment. For those reasons, we train all of our employees in Green Cleaning methods and the use of Green products.
Benefits of Green Cleaning:
Minimizing Air Particles
- HEPA filtration vacuums – Review Carpet & Rug Institute’s Green Label Program for vacuums www.carpet-rug.org
- Microfiber cloths, mops, and dusters reduce airborne pollutants and are reusable.
- Spraying chemicals onto rags instead of releasing aerosols into the air.
- Introduction of Air filtration systems.
- Environmentally friendly chemicals (Green Seal Certified Available).
- Proportioning systems to reduce waste.
- Hand soaps that do not contain antimicrobial agents (some medical and food preparation facilities require antimicrobial hand soap).
- Routine maintenance will reduce the possible irritants that live in carpet fibers.
Reduce Exposure by Utilizing a Mat System at all Entrances
- Mats help to remove dirt and pollutants before they enter the building. Proper utilization and frequent cleaning can reduce the amount of time needed to properly maintain a building and aid in improving air quality.
Proper Procedures that Utilize Efficient Green Methods
- Emptying vacuums before they are full to ensure most efficient collection of dirt particles.
- Routine services of areas that are often high in germs such as restroom and door fixtures.
Green Seal Certified
- Green cleaning products are available including recycled and chlorine-free paper products.
- High-efficiency bathroom fixtures are available including center-pull roll towels, hands-free dispensers, high-efficiency foam soap, coreless toilet paper, and high capacity dispensers.
LEED certification requires much more than just switching from traditional to green chemicals. According to the USGBC, LEED-EB focuses on seven major areas, each with their own certification standards and best practices.
- Facility Maintenance, including Green Chemicals
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Recycling Programs
- Exterior Maintenance Programs
- Systems Upgrades
By implementing a complete Green Cleaning program, your building can earn up to 14 points toward LEED certification in the Existing Building category. Environmentally friendly maintenance is important for the environment and can increase employee productivity. It’s important to consider ways to provide green cleaning and janitorial services even if you are looking to work within an existing budget or scope. There are always more ways to Go Green!